NOTE: Registration for this training course has closed. If you need any further information please contact us: Carmen Nueno Palop, T.+44 (0) 1603255093, E: email@example.com
Imparted by members of the NCYC team, this course, runs from: 22-24 September 2015, will be of interest to anyone involved in the handling, distribution and storage of Yeasts.
The course will cover aspects of isolation, cultivation, identification & preservation of yeast cultures and runs for 3 days.
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss aspects of their work with NCYC staff and will update their skills and knowledge of:
- Isolation methods. Aseptic technique
- Microscopy basics
- Preservation methods. (Long and short-term preservation)
- Recovering freeze-dried cultures.
- Culturing yeast preserved by other methods.
- Quality control checks: viability, purity checks (conventional and PCR based).
- Identifying potential spoilage yeasts.