National Collection of Yeast Cultures
+44-(0)1603-255274 +44-(0)1603-458414 firstname.lastname@example.org
LinksThe following list includes links to other Culture Collections and scientific or yeast related sites which may be of interest to users of the NCYC Web Site.
- BBSRC- The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Reseach Council (BBSCR) Home Page.
- Institute of Food Research- The Institute of Food Research (IFR) Home Page.
Microbial Databases :
- ECCO Web Site- European Culture Collections Organization (ECCO). For further information contact: The Secretary (ECCO), Dr. Maija-Liisa Suihko, VTT Biotechnology, P.O. Box 1500, FIN-02044, VTT Finland. Tel +358 9 456 5133. Fax +358 9 455 2103.
- StrainInfo.net bioportal- A brilliant resource for finding equivalent strain designations and associated information.
- WDC Web Site- World Data Centre (WDC) maintains an on-line database of culture collections worldwide containing descriptions of their holdings and services. This is also available as the printed WDC Directory.
- WFCC Web Site- World Federation for Culture Collections (WFCC). For further information contact: The Secretary (WFCC), Dr David Smith, CABI Bioscience UK Centre, Bakeham Lane, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9TY. Tel: +44 1491 829046. Fax: +44 1491 829100.
Miscellaneous Yeast Related Sites :
- ICBD- International Centre for Brewing and Distilling, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Microbes in Norwich Web Site
- The Forsburg Lab Home page- The Forsburg Lab Home page contains lots of information on the Genetics of S.pombe.
- The Virtual Library- The Virtual Library at Stanford University contains information on the yeast model organisms: Saccharomyces cerevisiae , Schizosaccharomyces pombe , and Candida albicans.
- WFCC-MIRCEN World Data Centre for Microorganisms (WDCM)- WDCM maintains an on-line database of Culture Collections worldwide containing descriptions of their holdings and services.
Non-UK Culture Collections :
- (CBS) Home Page- The Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures (CBS) Home Page.
- (CCUG) Home Page- The Culture Collection, University of Goteborg, Sweden (CCUG) Home Page.
- ARS (NRRL) Culture Collection
- CECT Spanish Type Culture Collection- CECT Spanish Type Culture Collection, University of Valencia, Spain. English Home Page.
- DBVPG Industrial Yeasts Collection- DBVPG Industrial Yeasts Collection, Perugia, Italy.
- Herman J Phaff Culture Collection- Located at the University of California Davis and dedicated in 1996, the Herman J. Phaff Culture Collection of Yeasts and Yeast-like Organisms, is a unique yeast culture collection containing over 6,000 strains collected from North and South America, Asia, Australia and Europe.